CHOOSING THE RIGHT REALTOR
Ask A Question
Choosing the right REALTOR® to sell your home is an integral part of getting your property from 'listed' to 'sold'. When choosing an agent:
Look for an agent who:
- Is a member of the local board or association of REALTORS®
- Explains and discloses agency relationships, for example if they are representing the buyer
- Guides you on how to stage your home for showings
- Shows excitement, listens closely, has confidence, presents themselves in a professional manner and has a personality type that is comfortable for you to work with
- Has done their homework and researched your property
- Comes ready with information on homes in the area that have sold (or failed to sell) recently, thus providing you with a fair market value for your home
Ask the important questions:
- Are you a REALTOR®?
- Is your real estate licence in good standing?
- Do you belong to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS®)? **The Multiple Listing Service is a system set up to network information between REALTORS®, information and descriptions about homes for sale is easily and efficiently shared between brokerages.
- How often to you cooperate with other local brokers on a sale?
- Have you listed or sold properties in this neighborhood lately?
- What is your commission rate?
- What percent of the commission will you give to the agent that represents the buyer?
When hiring and working with a real estate agent it is ok to take your time, do your homework and ask the right questions; this will help you avoid hassle and save you money in the long run.